Near derivations and information functions
Authors: John Lawrence, Geoff Mess and Frank Zorzitto
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 76 (1979), 117-122
MSC: Primary 39B20; Secondary 94A17
MathSciNet review: 534400
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: Near-derivations satisfy the conditions for for for . Existence of near-derivations other than derivations is tied in with that of nonnegative information functions and an example of Daróczy and Maksa. Conditions for near-derivations to be derivations are discussed.
-  J. Aczél and Z. Daróczy, On measures of information and their characterizations, Academic Press [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers], New York-London, 1975. Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Vol. 115. MR 0689178
-  Gy. Maksa, Bounded symmetric information functions, C. R. Math. Rep. Acad. Sci. Canada 2 (1980), no. 5, 247–252. MR 588669
-  J. Lawrence, The uniqueness of the nonnegative information function on algebraic extensions, (to appear).
- J. Aczél and Z. Daróczy, On measures of information and their characterizations, Academic Press, New York, 1975. MR 0689178 (58:33509)
- Z. Daróczy and Gy. Maksa, Nonnegative information functions (to appear). MR 588669 (82a:94032)
- J. Lawrence, The uniqueness of the nonnegative information function on algebraic extensions, (to appear).