Differential criteria for flatness
Abstract: We introduce differential algebra methods to the study of flatness over Noetherian domains. The results concern the specific cases of ideals and attempt to use the underlying divisibility properties of the ring. They concern mostly regular (geometric) rings and one-dimensional rings.
-  N. Bourbaki, Commutative algebra, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1972.
-  William Fulton, Algebraic curves. An introduction to algebraic geometry, W. A. Benjamin, Inc., New York-Amsterdam, 1969. Notes written with the collaboration of Richard Weiss; Mathematics Lecture Notes Series. MR 0313252
-  Irving Kaplansky, Commutative rings, Allyn and Bacon, Inc., Boston, Mass., 1970. MR 0254021
-  Hideyuki Matsumura, Commutative algebra, W. A. Benjamin, Inc., New York, 1970. MR 0266911
-  Masayuki Nomura, Formal power series rings over polynomial rings. II, Number theory, algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, in honor of Yasuo Akizuki, Kinokuniya, Tokyo, 1973, pp. 521–528. MR 0366910
-  Masayoshi Nagata, Local rings, Interscience Tracts in Pure and Applied Mathematics, No. 13, Interscience Publishers a division of John Wiley & Sons New York-London, 1962. MR 0155856
-  Judith D. Sally and Wolmer V. Vasconcelos, Flat ideals I, Comm. Algebra 3 (1975), 531–543. MR 0379466, https://doi.org/10.1080/00927877508822059
-  Oscar Zariski and Pierre Samuel, Commutative algebra, Volume I, The University Series in Higher Mathematics, D. Van Nostrand Company, Inc., Princeton, New Jersey, 1958. With the cooperation of I. S. Cohen. MR 0090581
- N. Bourbaki, Commutative algebra, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1972.
- W. Fulton, Algebraic curves, Benjamin, New York, 1969. MR 0313252 (47:1807)
- I. Kaplansky, Commutative rings, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, Mass., 1970. MR 0254021 (40:7234)
- H. Matsumura, Commutative algebra, Benjamin, New York, 1970. MR 0266911 (42:1813)
- -, Formal power series rings over polynomial rings. I, Number Theory, Algebraic Geom. and Commutative Alg. in honor of Y. Akizuki, Kinokuniya, Tokyo, 1973, pp. 521-528. MR 0366910 (51:3156)
- M. Nagata, Local rings, Interscience, New York, 1962. MR 0155856 (27:5790)
- J. D. Sally and W. V. Vasconcelos, Flat ideals. I, Comm. Algebra 3 (1975), 531-543. MR 0379466 (52:371)
- O. Zariski and P. Samuel, Commutative algebra, Van Nostrand, Princeton, N. J., 1958. MR 0090581 (19:833e)
Keywords: Regular ring, C. M. ring, affine domain, derivation, flat
Article copyright: © Copyright 1980 American Mathematical Society