Extension of Bernšteĭn's theorem
S. H. Tung
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 83 (1981), 103-106
Primary 32A15; Secondary 30E10, 32A30
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: A well-known theorem of Bernstein states that if a polynomial of degree of a complex variable has its modulus no larger than one on the unit disk then the modulus of its derivative will not exceed on the unit disk. Here we extend the theorem to polynomials on the unit ball in several complex variables.
V. Ahlfors, Complex analysis, 3rd ed., McGraw-Hill Book Co.,
New York, 1978. An introduction to the theory of analytic functions of one
complex variable; International Series in Pure and Applied Mathematics. MR 510197
Hille, Analytic function theory. Vol. II, Introductions to
Higher Mathematics, Ginn and Co., Boston, Mass.-New York-Toronto, Ont.,
0201608 (34 #1490)
Hörmander, On a theorem of Grace, Math. Scand.
2 (1954), 55–64. MR 0062844
D. Kellogg, On bounded polynomials in several variables, Math.
Z. 27 (1928), no. 1, 55–64. MR
A. Malik, On the derivative of a polynomial, J. London Math.
Soc. (2) 1 (1969), 57–60. MR 0249583
Marden, Geometry of polynomials, Second edition. Mathematical
Surveys, No. 3, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1966. MR 0225972
- L. V. Ahlfors, Complex analysis, 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 1966. MR 510197 (80c:30001)
- E. Hille, Analytic function theory, Vol. II, Ginn, Boston, Mass., 1962. MR 0201608 (34:1490)
- L. Hörmander, On a theorem of Grace, Math. Scand. 2 (1954), 55-64. MR 0062844 (16:27b)
- O. D. Kellogg, On bounded polynomials in several variables, Math. Z. 27 (1928), 55-64. MR 1544896
- M. A. Malik, On the derivative of a polynomial, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 1 (1969), 57-60. MR 0249583 (40:2827)
- M. Marden, Geometry of polynomials, Math. Surveys, no. 3, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R. I., 1966. MR 0225972 (37:1562)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
the unit ball in several complex variables
© Copyright 1981
American Mathematical Society