A note on the divisibility of certain Chern numbers
Authors: Leonidas Charitos and Stavros Papastavridis
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 84 (1982), 272-274
MSC: Primary 57R20; Secondary 57R95
MathSciNet review: 637182
Abstract: If is a weakly almost complex manifold, then is the th Chern class of its normal bundle.
Theorem 1. If , are natural numbers with , then there exists a -fold , compact, closed and weakly almost complex, so that the normal characteristic number , is a power of 2.
-  Edgar H. Brown Jr. and Franklin P. Peterson, Relations among characteristics classes. II, Ann. of Math. (2) 81 (1965), 356–363. MR 0176490, https://doi.org/10.2307/1970620
-  Arunas Liulevicius, On the birth and death of elements in complex cobordism, Conference on homotopy theory (Evanston, Ill., 1974) Notas Mat. Simpos., vol. 1, Soc. Mat. Mexicana, México, 1975, pp. 83–102. MR 761722
-  J. Milnor, On the cobordism ring Ω* and a complex analogue. I, Amer. J. Math. 82 (1960), 505–521. MR 0119209, https://doi.org/10.2307/2372970
-  E. Rees and E. Thomas, On the divisibility of certain Chern numbers, Quart. J. Math. Oxford Ser. (2) 28 (1977), no. 112, 389–401. MR 0467771, https://doi.org/10.1093/qmath/28.4.389
- E. Brown, Jr. and F. P. Peterson, Relations among characteristic classes. II, Ann. of Math. (2) 82 (1965), 356-363. MR 0176490 (31:762)
- A. Liulevicius, On the birth and death of elements in complex cobordism (Proc. Conf. Homotopy Theory, Evanston, Illinois, 1974), Sociedad Matematica Mexicana, Mexico, 1975, pp. 78-98. MR 761722
- J. W. Milnor, On the cobordism ring and a complex analogue, Amer. J. Math. 82 (1960), 505-521. MR 0119209 (22:9975)
- E. Rees and E. Thomas, On the divisibility of certain Chern numbers, Quart. J. Math. Oxford Ser. (2) 28 (1977), 389-401. MR 0467771 (57:7623)