Numbers of solutions of congruences: Poincaré series for strongly nondegenerate forms
Author: Jay R. Goldman
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 87 (1983), 586-590
MSC: Primary 11T99; Secondary 11E45, 11E76
MathSciNet review: 687622
Abstract: Let be a fixed prime, a polynomial over , the -adic integers. the number of solutions of over and the Poincaré series. A general approach to computing and is given and explicit formulas are derived for strongly nondegenerate forms.
-  A. I. Borevich and I. R. Shafarevich, Number theory, Translated from the Russian by Newcomb Greenleaf. Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 20, Academic Press, New York-London, 1966. MR 0195803
-  Jun-ichi Igusa, Complex powers and asymptotic expansions. II. Asymptotic expansions, J. Reine Angew. Math. 278/279 (1975), 307–321. MR 0404215, https://doi.org/10.1515/crll.1975.278-279.307
-  Jun-Ichi Igusa, Some observations on higher degree characters, Amer. J. Math. 99 (1977), no. 2, 393–417. MR 0441933, https://doi.org/10.2307/2373827
-  Jun-ichi Igusa, Forms of higher degree, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Lectures on Mathematics and Physics, vol. 59, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bombay; by the Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, 1978. MR 546292
-  Donald E. Knuth, The art of computer programming, 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-London-Amsterdam, 1975. Volume 1: Fundamental algorithms; Addison-Wesley Series in Computer Science and Information Processing. MR 0378456
-  Diane Meuser, On the rationality of certain generating functions, Math. Ann. 256 (1981), no. 3, 303–310. MR 626951, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01679699
-  E. Stevenson, The rationality of the Poincaré series of a diagonal form, Acta Arith. (to appear).
- Z. I. Borevich and I. R. Shafarevich, Number theory, Academic Press, New York, 1966. MR 0195803 (33:4001)
- J. Igusa, Complex powers and asymptotic expansions. II, J. Reine Angew. Math 278/279 (1975). 307-321. MR 0404215 (53:8018)
- -, Some observations on higher degree characters, Amer. J. Math. 99 (1977), 393-417. MR 0441933 (56:324)
- -, Lectures on forms of higher degree, Tata Institute Notes, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1978. MR 546292 (80m:10020)
- D. Knuth, The art of computer programming, Vol. 1: Fundamental algorithms, 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1973. MR 0378456 (51:14624)
- D. Meuser, On the rationality of certain generating functions, Math. Ann. 256 (1981), 303-310. MR 626951 (83g:12015)
- E. Stevenson, The rationality of the Poincaré series of a diagonal form, Acta Arith. (to appear).