Set-theoretic complete intersections
Author: T. T. Moh
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 94 (1985), 217-220
MSC: Primary 14M10; Secondary 14H45
MathSciNet review: 784166
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: In this article we establish that:
(1) Every monomial curve in is a set-theoretic complete intersection, where is a field of characteristic (and thus generalize a result of R. Hartshorne ).
(2) Let be an algebraically closed field of characteristic and a curve of . If there is a linear projection with center of disjoint of , is birational to and has only cusps as singularities, then is a set-theoretic complete intersection (and thus generalize a result of D. Ferrand ).
-  R. C. Cowsik and M. V. Nori, Affine curves in characteristic 𝑝 are set theoretic complete intersections, Invent. Math. 45 (1978), no. 2, 111–114. MR 0472835, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01390268
-  Daniel Ferrand, Set-theoretical complete intersections in characteristic 𝑝>0, Algebraic geometry (Proc. Summer Meeting, Univ. Copenhagen, Copenhagen, 1978), Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 732, Springer, Berlin, 1979, pp. 82–89. MR 555692
-  Robin Hartshorne, Complete intersections in characteristic 𝑝>0, Amer. J. Math. 101 (1979), no. 2, 380–383. MR 527998, https://doi.org/10.2307/2373984
- R. Cowsik and M. Nori, Affine curves in characteristic are set-theoretic complete intersections, Invent. Math. 45 (1978), 111-114. MR 0472835 (57:12525)
- D. Ferrand, Set theoretic complete intersections in characteristic , Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 732, Springer-Verlag, 1979, pp. 82-89. MR 555692 (81d:14026)
- R. Hartshorne, Complete intersections in characteristic , Amer. J. Math. 101 (1979), 380-383. MR 527998 (80d:14028)