Totally real embeddings of in
Abstract: An explicit totally real embedding of in is exhibited. It has the form where is a (nonholomorphic) polynomial of degree 4, and ranges over the unit sphere in .
-  M. L. Gromov, Convex integration of differential relations. I, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Ser. Mat. 37 (1973), 329–343 (Russian). MR 0413206
-  Walter Rudin, Function theory in the unit ball of 𝐶ⁿ, Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften [Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Science], vol. 241, Springer-Verlag, New York-Berlin, 1980. MR 601594
-  Edgar Lee Stout and William R. Zame, Totally real imbeddings and the universal convering spaces of domains of holomorphy: some examples, Manuscripta Math. 50 (1985), 29–48. MR 784138, 10.1007/BF01168826
- M. Gromov, Convex integration of differential relations, Math. USSR-Izv. 7 (1973), 329-343. MR 0413206 (54:1323)
- W. Rudin, Function theory in the unit ball of , Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1980. MR 601594 (82i:32002)
- E. L. Stout and W. R. Zame, Totally real embeddings and the universal covering spaces of domains of holomorphy: some examples, Manuscripta Math. (to appear). MR 784138 (86h:32026)