A probability distribution associated with the Hurwitz zeta function
Author: R. L. Duncan
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 99 (1987), 757-759
MSC: Primary 60E05; Secondary 11M35, 60F99
MathSciNet review: 877052
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: A new discrete probability distribution is defined in terms of the Hurwitz zeta function and its relationship to the Poisson distribution is demonstrated.
-  E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, Modern analysis, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1927.
-  Marek Fisz, Probability theory and mathematical statistics, Third edition. Authorized translation from the Polish. Translated by R. Bartoszynski, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York-London, 1963. MR 0164358
-  Norman L. Johnson and Samuel Kotz, Distributions in statistics: Discrete distributions, Houghton Mifflin Co., Boston, Mass., 1969. MR 0268996
- E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, Modern analysis, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1927.
- M. Fisz, Probability theory and mathematical statistics, Wiley, New York, 1963. MR 0164358 (29:1655)
- N. L. Johnson and S. Kotz, Discrete distributions, Houghton Mifflin, Boston, Mass., 1969. MR 0268996 (42:3893)