A topology on quantum logics
Authors: Sylvia Pulmannová and Zdena Riečanová
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 106 (1989), 891-897
MSC: Primary 81B10; Secondary 06C15, 54A99
MathSciNet review: 967488
Abstract: A uniform topology induced by a set of finite measures on a quantum logic is studied. If is a valuation on , the topology induced by is equivalent to the topology induced by the pseudometric . If the set of measures is large enough, the topology reflects in some sense the structure of : if is a continuous geometry and the measures are totally additive, is weaker than the order topology on . If is atomic, is stronger than . On a separable Hilbert space logic, coincides with the discrete topology. Some cases are found in which .
-  Ladislav Beran, Orthomodular lattices, Mathematics and its Applications (East European Series), D. Reidel Publishing Co., Dordrecht, 1985. Algebraic approach. MR 784029
-  G. Birkgof, \cyr Teoriya reshetok, “Nauka”, Moscow, 1984 (Russian). Translated from the English and with an appendix by V. N. Saliĭ; Translation edited by L. A. Skornyakov. MR 751233
-  Gudrun Kalmbach, Orthomodular lattices, London Mathematical Society Monographs, vol. 18, Academic Press, Inc. [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers], London, 1983. MR 716496
-  Vladimír Palko, Topologies on quantum logics induced by measures, Math. Slovaca 39 (1989), no. 2, 175–189 (English, with Russian summary). MR 1018259
-  Zdenka Riečanová, Topology in a quantum logic induced by a measure, Proceedings of the Conference: Topology and Measure, V (Binz, 1987) Wissensch. Beitr., Ernst-Moritz-Arndt Univ., Greifswald, 1988, pp. 126–130. MR 1029570, https://doi.org/10.1628/094802113X13758805636479
-  T. A. Sarymsakov, S. A. Ajupov, Z. Chadžijev, and V. J. čilin, Uporiadočennije algebry, Taškent, "FAN" 1983.
-  V. S. Varadarajan, Geometry of quantum theory, 2nd ed., Springer-Verlag, New York, 1985. MR 805158
- L. Beran, Orthomodular lattices, Academia-Reidel P.C., Dordrecht, Holland 1984. MR 784029 (86m:06015b)
- G. Birkhoff, Lattice theory (Russian translation: Teorija rešetok), Moscow, "NAUKA", 1984. MR 751233 (85e:06001)
- G. Kalmbach, Orthomodular lattices, Academic Press, London 1983. MR 716496 (85f:06012)
- V. Palko, Topologies on quantum logics induced by measures, Math. Slovaca, to appear. MR 1018259 (90i:03071)
- Z. Riečanová, Topology in a quantum logic induced by a measure, Proceedings of the Conf. "Topology and Measure V", Wissenschaftliche Beitrage der EMA-Univesität Greifswald DDR, Greifswald 1988. MR 1029570 (91b:81015)
- T. A. Sarymsakov, S. A. Ajupov, Z. Chadžijev, and V. J. čilin, Uporiadočennije algebry, Taškent, "FAN" 1983.
- V. S. Varadarajan, Geometry of quantum theory, Springer-Verlag, New York 1985. MR 805158 (87a:81009)
Keywords: Orthomodular lattice, quantum logic, uniform topology generated by measures
Article copyright: © Copyright 1989 American Mathematical Society