Deficiency modules and specializations
Abstract: Given a family of curves in the projective space we study how their deficiency modules can change. This has a geometrical translation in the problem of determining how the liaison class of a flat family of curves can change. As a consequence, we show that in every liaison class there are curves which are specializations of arithmetically Cohen-Macaulay curves.
- [BB] Edoardo Ballico and Giorgio Bolondi, The variety of module structures, Arch. Math. (Basel) 54 (1990), no. 4, 397–408. MR 1042135, 10.1007/BF01189589
- [M] David Mumford, Abelian varieties, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Studies in Mathematics, No. 5, Published for the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bombay; Oxford University Press, London, 1970. MR 0282985
- [R] A. Prabhakar Rao, Liaison among curves in 𝑃³, Invent. Math. 50 (1978/79), no. 3, 205–217. MR 520926, 10.1007/BF01410078
- E. Ballico and G. Bolondi, The variety of module structures (preprint) Matematici Università di Trento UTM 248 Arch. der Math. (to appear). MR 1042135 (91c:14008)
- D. Mumford, Abelian varieties, Oxford Press, Oxford (1970). MR 0282985 (44:219)
- A. P. Rao, Liaison among curves in , Invent. Math. 50 (1979), 205-217. MR 520926 (80e:14023)