On the strongly extreme points of convex bodies in separable Banach spaces
Authors: B. V. Godun, Bor-Luh Lin and S. L. Troyanski
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 114 (1992), 673-675
MSC: Primary 46B20; Secondary 52A07
MathSciNet review: 1070518
Abstract: Every separable Banach space admits an equivalent norm such that the unit ball with respect to this norm has at most countably many strongly extreme points. Every separable nonreflexive Banach space can be renormed so that its unit ball has at most countably many weakly strongly extreme points.
- [F] V. P. Fonf, A property of Lindenstrauss-Phelps spaces, Funktsional. Anal. i Prilozhen. 13 (1979), no. 1, 79–80 (Russian). MR 527533
- [KR] Ken Kunen and Haskell Rosenthal, Martingale proofs of some geometrical results in Banach space theory, Pacific J. Math. 100 (1982), no. 1, 153–175. MR 661446
- [LP] Joram Lindenstrauss and R. R. Phelps, Extreme point properties of convex bodies in reflexive Banach spaces., Israel J. Math. 6 (1968), 39–48. MR 0234260, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02771604
- [R1] Haskell Rosenthal, On non-norm-attaining functionals and the equivalence of the weak*-KMP with the RNP, Texas Functional Analysis Seminar 1985–1986 (Austin, TX, 1985–1986) Longhorn Notes, Univ. Texas, Austin, TX, 1986, pp. 1–12. MR 1017038
- [R2] -, On the structure of non-dentable closed bounded convex sets, Adv. in Math. 70 (1988), 1-58.
- V. Fonf, One property of Linderstrass-Phelps spaces, Funct. Anal. Appl. 13 (1979), 66-67. MR 527533 (80c:46022)
- K. Kunen and H. P. Rosenthal, Martingale proofs of some geometrical results in Banach space theory, Pacific J. Math. 100 (1982), 153-175. MR 661446 (83k:46023)
- J. Lindenstrauss and R. R. Phelps, Extreme points properties of convex bodies in reflexive Banach spaces, Israel J. Math. 6 (1968), 39-48. MR 0234260 (38:2577)
- H. P. Rosenthal, On non-norm-attaining functional and the equivalence of the weak*-KMP with the RNP, Longhorn Notes, The University of Texas at Austin, 1985/86, pp. 1-12. MR 1017038 (91i:46018)
- -, On the structure of non-dentable closed bounded convex sets, Adv. in Math. 70 (1988), 1-58.
Keywords: Strongly extreme points, weakly strongly extreme points, weak*-extreme points, reflexive Banach spaces, equivalent norm
Article copyright: © Copyright 1992 American Mathematical Society