Projectively flat surfaces in
Author: Fabio Podestà
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 119 (1993), 255-260
MSC: Primary 53B05; Secondary 53A15
MathSciNet review: 1169045
Abstract: We consider a nondegenerate immersion of an orientable -dimensional manifold together with the Blaschke connection induced on ; this work is aimed at studying locally convex surfaces whose Blaschke connection is projectively flat, reducing the problem of their classification to a system of PDE's. In particular we can prove the existence of locally convex projectively flat surfaces which are not locally symmetric.
-  Katsumi Nomizu, Recent results in affine differential geometry—an introduction and a survey, Geometry and global analysis (Sendai, 1993) Tohoku Univ., Sendai, 1993, pp. 351–357. MR 1361200
-  Katsumi Nomizu and Barbara Opozda, On normal and conormal maps for affine hypersurfaces, Tohoku Math. J. (2) 44 (1992), no. 3, 425–431. MR 1176082, https://doi.org/10.2748/tmj/1178227306
-  B. Opozda and L. Verstraelen, On a new curvature tensor in affine differential geometry, Geometry and Topology of Submanifolds. II, Avignon, May 1988.
- K. Nomizu, Introduction to affine differential geometry, Part I, Lecture notes, preprint MPI 88-37, 1988; revised, Dept. of Math., Brown University, 1989. MR 1361200 (96k:53012)
- K. Nomizu and B. Opozda, On normal and conormal maps for affine hypersurfaces, preprint MPI 91-65. MR 1176082 (93j:53013)
- B. Opozda and L. Verstraelen, On a new curvature tensor in affine differential geometry, Geometry and Topology of Submanifolds. II, Avignon, May 1988.