On Minakshisundaram-Pleijel zeta functions of spheres
E. Carletti and G. Monti Bragadin
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 122 (1994), 993-1001
Primary 58G26; Secondary 11M36
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: The aim of this paper is to show that the Minakshisundaram-Pleijel zeta function of k-dimensional sphere (defined in by with where the "rising factorial" is defined for real number x and n nonnegative integer) can be put in the form where are explicitly computed. The above formula allows us to find explicitly the residue of at the pole , In passing, we also obtain apparently new relations among the Stirling numbers.
Gauduchon, and Edmond
Mazet, Le spectre d’une variété
riemannienne, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 194, Springer-Verlag,
Berlin, 1971 (French). MR 0282313
Carletti and G.
Monti Bragadin, On Dirichlet series associated with
polynomials, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.
121 (1994), no. 1,
1179586 (94g:11066), http://dx.doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1994-1179586-5
B. Gilkey, Invariance theory, the heat equation, and the
Atiyah-Singer index theorem, Mathematics Lecture Series, vol. 11,
Publish or Perish Inc., Wilmington, DE, 1984. MR 783634
Jordan, Calculus of finite differences, Third Edition.
Introduction by Harry C. Carver, Chelsea Publishing Co., New York, 1965. MR 0183987
Minakshisundaram and Å.
Pleijel, Some properties of the eigenfunctions of the
Laplace-operator on Riemannian manifolds, Canadian J. Math.
1 (1949), 242–256. MR 0031145
- M. Berger, P. Gauduchon, and E. Mazet, Le spectre d'une variété riemannienne, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1971. MR 0282313 (43:8025)
- E. Carletti and G. Monti Bragadin, On Dirichlet series associated with polynomials, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 121 (1994), 33-37. MR 1179586 (94g:11066)
- P. Gilkey, Invariance theory. the heath equation and the Atiyah-Singer index theory, Publish or Perish, Cambridge, MA, 1984. MR 783634 (86j:58144)
- C. Jordan, Calculus of finite differences, Chelsea, New York, 1965. MR 0183987 (32:1463)
- S. Minakshisundaram and A. Pleijel, Some properties of the eigenfunctions of the Laplace operator on Riemannian manifolds, Canad. J. Math. 1 (1949), 242-256. MR 0031145 (11:108b)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
© Copyright 1994 American Mathematical Society