On a generalisation of self-injective von Neumann regular rings
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 124 (1996), 1051-1060
Primary 16D50, 16D70; Secondary 16E60
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: Apart from von Neumann regular rings, rings with infinite identities have not been studied in any detail. We take a first step in that direction by obtaining structure theorems for a class of self-injective rings with infinite identities. These extend the main structure theorems for self-injective von Neumann regular rings.
Faith, Lectures on injective modules and quotient rings,
Lecture Notes in Mathematics, No. 49, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York,
0227206 (37 #2791)
Faith, Algebra. II, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1976.
Ring theory; Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften, No. 191. MR 0427349
R. Goodearl, von Neumann regular rings, Monographs and Studies
in Mathematics, vol. 4, Pitman (Advanced Publishing Program), Boston,
Mass.-London, 1979. MR 533669
Ivanov, Non-local rings whose ideals are all quasi-injective,
Bull. Austral. Math. Soc. 6 (1972), 45–52. MR 0291217
G. Ivanov, Rings with quasi-injective ideals, Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 50 (1994), 197--204. CMP 95:02
S. K. Jain, Rings whose cyclic modules have certain properties and the duals, Lecture Notes Series 25 (1976), 143--160.
- C. Faith, Lectures on Injective Modules and Quotient Rings, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 49 (1967). MR 37:2791
- ------, Algebra II. Ring Theory, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1976. MR 55:383
- K.R. Goodearl, Von Neumann Regular Rings, Pitman, London, 1979. MR 80e:16011
- G. Ivanov, Non-local rings whose ideals are quasi-injective, Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 6 (1972), 45--52. MR 45:311
- G. Ivanov, Rings with quasi-injective ideals, Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 50 (1994), 197--204. CMP 95:02
- S. K. Jain, Rings whose cyclic modules have certain properties and the duals, Lecture Notes Series 25 (1976), 143--160.
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
with MSC (1991):
Retrieve articles in all journals
with MSC (1991):
Department of Mathematics, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia 2109
Received by editor(s):
June 7, 1994
Received by editor(s) in revised form:
October 18, 1994
Honorary Associate at Macquarie University.
© Copyright 1996
American Mathematical Society