A weak-type inequality
of subharmonic functions
Author: Changsun Choi
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 126 (1998), 1149-1153
MSC (1991): Primary 31B05
MathSciNet review: 1425115
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: We prove the weak-type inequality , , between a non-negative subharmonic function and an -valued smooth function , defined on an open set containing the closure of a bounded domain in a Euclidean space , satisfying , and , where is a constant. Here is the harmonic measure on with respect to 0. This inequality extends Burkholder's inequality in which and , a Euclidean space.
- 1. Donald L. Burkholder, Strong differential subordination and stochastic integration, Ann. Probab. 22 (1994), no. 2, 995–1025. MR 1288140
- 2. W. K. Hayman and P. B. Kennedy, Subharmonic functions. Vol. I, Academic Press [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers], London-New York, 1976. London Mathematical Society Monographs, No. 9. MR 0460672
- 3. S. Lang, Analysis I, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass. (1968).
- D. L. Burkholder, Strong differential subordination and stochastic integration, Ann. Probab. 22 (1994), 995-1025. MR 95h:60085
- W. K. Hayman and P. B. Kennedy, Subharmonic functions, Academic, New York (1976). MR 57:665
- S. Lang, Analysis I, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass. (1968).
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC (1991): 31B05
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC (1991): 31B05
Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, KAIST, Taejon 305-701, Korea
Keywords: Subharmonic function, smooth function, harmonic measure, weak-type inequality
Received by editor(s): May 9, 1996
Received by editor(s) in revised form: October 1, 1996
Additional Notes: This work was partially supported by GARC-KOSEF
Communicated by: J. Marshall Ash
Article copyright: © Copyright 1998 American Mathematical Society