A characterization of uniform continuity
for Volterra equations in Hilbert spaces
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 126 (1998), 3581-3587
Primary 47D06; Secondary 47A50
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: We show that the norm continuity of the resolvent for a Volterra equation of scalar type is equivalent to the decay to zero of a holomorphic operator family along some imaginary axis.
El-Mennaoui and Klaus-J.
Engel, On the characterization of eventually norm continuous
semigroups in Hilbert spaces, Arch. Math. (Basel) 63
(1994), no. 5, 437–440. MR 1300739
Greiner and R.
Nagel, On the stability of strongly continuous semigroups of
positive operators on 𝐿²(𝜇), Ann. Scuola Norm.
Sup. Pisa Cl. Sci. (4) 10 (1983), no. 2,
Liang and Tijun
Xiao, Norm continuity (for 𝑡>0) of propagators of
arbitrary order abstract differential equations in Hilbert spaces, J.
Math. Anal. Appl. 204 (1996), no. 1, 124–137.
1418525 (97h:34077), http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jmaa.1996.0427
Prüss, Evolutionary integral equations and applications,
Monographs in Mathematics, vol. 87, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel,
Hong You, Characteristic conditions for a
𝑐₀-semigroup with continuity in the uniform operator
topology for 𝑡>0 in Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 116 (1992), no. 4, 991–997. MR 1098405
- O. El-Mennaoui and K.-J. Engel, On the characterization of eventually norm continuous semigroups in Hilbert spaces, Arch. Math. 63 (1994), 437-440. MR 95h:47053
- G. Greiner and R. Nagel, On the stability of strongly continuous semigroups of positive operators in , Ann. Scuola Norm. Sup. Pisa Ser. (4), 10 (1983), 257-262. MR 85b:47044
- J. Liang and T. Xiao, Norm continuity (for ) of propagators of arbitrary order abstract differential equations in Hilbert spaces, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 204 (1996), 124-137. MR 97h:34077
- J. Prüss, Evolutionary Integral Equations and Applications, Birkhäuser-Verlag, Basel, Boston, Berlin, 1993. MR 94h:45010
- P. You, Characteristic conditions for a -semigroup with continuity in the uniform operator topology for in Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 116 (1992), 991-997. MR 93b:47083
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
with MSC (1991):
Retrieve articles in all journals
with MSC (1991):
Department of Mathematics, University of Santiago de Chile, Casilla 307, Correo 2, Santiago, Chile
Received by editor(s):
May 28, 1996
Received by editor(s) in revised form:
April 21, 1997
This research was done while the author was visiting at the Mathematisches Institut, Universität Tübingen supported by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Palle E. T. Jorgensen
© Copyright 1998
American Mathematical Society