Asymptotic behavior of linear integrodifferential systems
Viorel Barbu and Stanley I. Grossman
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 173 (1972), 277-288
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: We consider the system where is an -vector and and are matrices. System generates a semigroup given by for bounded, continuous and having a finite limit at . Under hypotheses concerning the roots of , where is the Laplace transform, various results about the asymptotic behavior of are derived, generally after invoking the Hille-Yosida theorem. Two typical results are Theorem 1. If and exists for , then for every , there is an such that . Theorem 2. If exists for and if , then the solution to is exponentially asymptotically stable.
K. Miller, Asymptotic stability properties of linear Volterra
integrodifferential equations, J. Differential Equations
10 (1971), 485–506. MR 0290058
S. I. Grossman and R. K. Miller, Linear Volterra integro-differential systems with kernels (submitted).
Hille and Ralph
S. Phillips, Functional analysis and semi-groups, American
Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, vol. 31, American
Mathematical Society, Providence, R. I., 1957. rev. ed. MR 0089373
D. Driver, Existence and stability of solutions of a
delay-differential system, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal.
10 (1962), 401–426. MR 0141863
J. Levin and J.
A. Nohel, On a system of integro-differential equations occurring
in reactor dynamics, J. Math. Mech. 9 (1960),
347–368. MR 0117522
Yosida, Functional analysis, Die Grundlehren der
Mathematischen Wissenschaften, Band 123, Academic Press Inc., New York,
0180824 (31 #5054)
- R. K. Miller, Asymptotic stability of linear Volterra integro-differential equations, J. Differential Equations (to appear). MR 0290058 (44:7243)
- S. I. Grossman and R. K. Miller, Linear Volterra integro-differential systems with kernels (submitted).
- E. Hille and R. S. Phillips, Functional analysis and semigroups, rev. ed., Amer. Math. Colloq. Publ., vol. 31, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R. I., 1957. MR 19, 664. MR 0089373 (19:664d)
- R. D. Driver, Existence and stability of solutions of a delay-differential system, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 10 (1962), 401-426. MR 25 #5260. MR 0141863 (25:5260)
- J. J. Levin and J. A. Nohel, On a system of integro-differential equations occuring in reactor dynamics, J. Math. Mech. 9 (1960), 347-368. MR 22 #8301. MR 0117522 (22:8301)
- K. Yosida, Functional analysis, Die Grundlehren der math. Wissenschaften, Band 123, Academic Press, New York; Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1965. MR 31 #5054. MR 0180824 (31:5054)
Retrieve articles in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
Volterra integrodifferential systems,
exponential asymptotic stability,
solutions in semigroup,
resolvent of semigroup,
© Copyright 1972 American Mathematical Society