On a variation of the Ramsey number
Authors: Gary Chartrand and Seymour Schuster
Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 173 (1972), 353-362
MSC: Primary 05C35
MathSciNet review: 0317992
Abstract: Let be the least integer such that, for any graph of order , either has an -cycle or its complement has an -cycle. Values of are established for and general formulas are proved for , and .
-  Jack E. Graver and James Yackel, Some graph theoretic results associated with Ramsey’s theorem, J. Combinatorial Theory 4 (1968), 125–175. MR 0225685
-  Frank Harary, Graph theory, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-Menlo Park, Calif.-London, 1969. MR 0256911
-  F. P. Ramsey, On a problem of formal logic, Proc. London Math. Soc. 30 (1930), 264-286.
- J. E. Graver and J. Yackel, Some graph theoretic results associated with Ramsey's theorem, J. Combinatorial Theory 4 (1968), 125-175. MR 37 #1278. MR 0225685 (37:1278)
- F. Harary, Graph theory, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1969. MR 41 #1566. MR 0256911 (41:1566)
- F. P. Ramsey, On a problem of formal logic, Proc. London Math. Soc. 30 (1930), 264-286.
Retrieve articles in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society with MSC: 05C35
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 05C35