Finite and countable additivity of topological properties in nice spaces
V. V. Tkachuk
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 341 (1994), 585-601
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: Let character , pseudocharacter , tightness , weight , -property, discreteness, Fréchet-Urysohn property, sequentiality, radiality, pseudoradiality, local compactness, -property. If , for all then (i.e. the property is -additive in for any ). Metrizability is -additive in provided is compact or . -property is closely -additive in if is compact ("closely" means additivity in case is closed in ). If metrizability, character , pseudocharacter , diagonal number , -weight , pseudoweight , local compactness then is finitely additive in any topological group.
S. Aleksandrov (ed.), Seminar po Obshchei Topologii, Moskov.
Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1981 (Russian). MR 656943
G. Tkachenko, On a result of E. Michael and M. E. Rudin,
Vestnik Moskov. Univ. Ser. I Mat. Mekh. 5 (1981),
47–50 (Russian, with English summary). MR 635258
G. Pytkeev and N.
N. Yakovlev, On bicompacta which are unions of spaces defined by
means of coverings, Comment. Math. Univ. Carolin. 21
(1980), no. 2, 247–261. MR 580681
Hanner, Some theorems on absolute neighborhood retracts, Ark.
Mat. 1 (1951), 389–408. MR 0043459
I. Kuz′minov, Homological dimension theory, Uspehi Mat.
Nauk 23 (1968), no. 5 (143), 3–49 (Russian). MR 0240813
V. Arhangel′skiĭ, On the relations between invariants
of topological groups and their subspaces, Uspekhi Mat. Nauk
35 (1980), no. 3(213), 3–22 (Russian).
International Topology Conference (Moscow State Univ., Moscow, 1979). MR 580615
V. Arkhangel′skiĭ and D.
B. Shakhmatov, Pointwise approximation of arbitrary functions by
countable families of continuous functions, Trudy Sem. Petrovsk.
13 (1988), 206–227, 259 (Russian, with English
summary); English transl., J. Soviet Math. 50 (1990),
no. 2, 1497–1512. MR 961436
- M. G. Tkačenko, Ob odnom svoistve bicompactov (On a property of compact spaces), Seminar po obshchei topologii (A seminar on general topology), Moscow State Univ. P.H., Moscow, 1981, pp. 149-156. (Russian) MR 656943 (83d:54004)
- -, Ob odnom rezul'tate E. Maikla i M. E. Rudin (On a result of E. Michael and M. E. Rudin), Vestnik Moskov. Gos. Univ. Ser. Mat., 1981, no. 5, 47-50. (Russian) MR 635258 (83b:54018)
- E. G. Pytkeev and N. N. Yakovlev, On bicompacta, which are unions of spaces defined by means of coverings, Comment. Math. Univ. Carolin. 21 (1980), 247-261. MR 580681 (82c:54019)
- Some theorems on absolute neighbourhood retracts, Ark. Math. 1 (1951), 389-408. MR 0043459 (13:266d)
- V. I. Kuz'minov, Gomologicheskaya teoriya razmernosti (Homological dimension theory), Uspehi Mat. Nauk 23 (1968), no. 5, 3-49. (Russian) MR 0240813 (39:2158)
- A. V. Arhangel'skii, O sootnosheniyah mezhdu invariantami topologicheskih gruppi ih podprostranstv (On relationship between cardinal functions on topological groups and their subspaces), Uspehi Mat. Nauk 35 (1980), no. 3, 3-22. (Russian) MR 580615 (82e:54005)
- A. V. Arhangel'sii and D. B. Šahmatov, O potochechnoi approximatskii proizvol'nyh functsii schetnymi semeistvami nepreryvnyh functsii (On pointwise approximation of arbitrary functions by countable families of continuous functions), Trudy Sem. Petrovsk. 13 (1988), 206-227. (Russian) MR 961436 (89m:41023)
Retrieve articles in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
© Copyright 1994 American Mathematical Society