| Getting help...
Registered managers at employer departments can utilize the following options:
- Search for potential applicants. You can access all applicants who have applied for at least one of your open positions. You may view all of the publicly available applicants on the Job Wanted list. The list can be sorted in several ways by clicking the heading name at the top of a column, for instance, by primary MR code, highest degree, or date of system entry.
- Employers may choose, when registering, an advertising-only account if they do NOT wish to receive applications electronically on the Mathjobs system. This shortens the forms necessary for job posting.
- Post open positions using the NewJob (access this from the Admin screen) function. For each job, a few basic questions are asked, and the job description itself can be pasted in (use the paper/pen icon in the lower corner to switch to Editor mode if you don't have it in html format). Employers are able to create additional questions for the applicants. They also choose which materials will be required. Employers can set a deadline and, later, update each listing as withdrawn, filled or finished. This is done by choosing edit on the Jobs screen. (Finished will make the job disappeared from the applicant's job list, but it will still be viewable by your dept.)
- Employers review applications received for each job by regularly consulting their List of applicants. They can mark each applicant as complete when processed. This will not change anything else about that application on the system. Applicants can be sorted by clicking on a column heading to sort based on that field. For instance, sorting by Last Updated will put applicants in order by the last time they updated their application materials. The Search screen allows searching among all current applicants. For instance, once faculty enter ratings for applicants, a search can be done to produce a list of all who received a certain rating, or, all applicants for a certain job can be sorted according to the rating. Applicants can also be looked up by certain details such as a reference writer's or advisor's name, or by degree institution. A search can also be done based on answers to a special question asked by the employer. For instance, if you ask a question (using the Config screen, or the NewJob screen) about which faculty an applicant would like to work with, a search can be made on the answers.
- Examine each application by clicking on the name in the List or after a Search. You can access different versions of all materials received, and view the reference letters received. To print out a full application, choose the PDF or All links in a box near the top next to the address field. There are boxes to mark that application Processed or Complete. Reference letters or other materials can be marked as received if they came in on paper, and, after resubmitting the form with an item marked as received, the opportunity will appear to upload a scanned or other version of that document from your desktop, if desired. When faculty members log in and read an application, there will be boxes on the screen for submitting a rating or comments, if desired. When staff members log in and examine applications, there will be a log field.
- View all those you've added to your NewApp list by choosing NoCover. Once the applicant enters the system and applies for your position, the name will appear on your master List.
- Download data onto your own computer in two ways:
- Labels is where you select fields for downloading onto your own computer, for use in producing labels, lists or merge letters from your own software.
- Snapshot allows you to download, in one zip file, all current application materials. You can store this large file on your own computer system for safekeeping or viewing. It's best to do a snapshot when the hiring is done and you need to store a record of the applications for a few years. The screen will tell you when previous snapshots were taken.
- The EOE screen shows you a summary report based on the EOE questions you may have added to all applications on the Config screen. Only summary results are available, individual responses are not available.
- Mail helps you send emails to a select group of applicants at one time. Selecting from the various criteria presented on the screen will fill in the Recpts field. At the bottom of the screen, your previous group messages are listed.
- News lets you post announcements for particular sets of users within your dept or your applicants which will appear on their main screens when they log in. For instance, you can tell all faculty when the deadline for turning in ratings is.
The Demo Server accessible from the main Mathjobs.org screen can be utilized by the general public, and contains all the same functions as the real server. You can try out all features of Mathjobs.org system by logging in as different users (see the main page there for login info), but please do not enter any real data in the demo server.
Questions and comments can be sent through the Contact Us page or directly via email. You may also call the AMS at: 1-800-321-4267, ext. 4096