Current Events Bulletin
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS AND ARTICLE SUBMISSION TOOL
The "Current Events Bulletin" booklet is produced from author-prepared material and is printed in black and white. The AMS Production Department will do a cursory check against the hard copy you supply to make sure there are no egregious problems with the text or graphics. Please note that your article will NOT be proofread or copyedited.
The following guidelines are intended to assist you in preparing your material.
We strongly recommend using the "Current Events Bulletin" specific author package to create your article. Using this author package will put your paper in a style that will reproduce properly. The author package is available in either LaTeX or TeX:
Figures and graphics should be created in accordance with the AMS guidelines for creating graphics for the "Current Events Bulletin" available from http://ams/ceb-graphics.pdf. ALL GRAPHICS WILL BE REPRODUCED IN BLACK AND WHITE.
ARTICLES PREPARED WITHOUT THE AMS AUTHOR PACKAGE
If you are NOT using the current events author package to create your manuscript you should follow these guidelines:
- Trim Size for the publication is approximately 7 X 10 inches. Type Block should measure approximately 5 X 8 3/8 inches or 30 X 50.5 picas
- Running Heads
- Left-hand pages (even-numbered pages) - author(s) name in uppercase letters
- Right-hand pages (odd-numbered pages) - article title (or a shortened version) in uppercase letters
- Page Numbers
- Left-hand pages - at left margin on the running head line
- Right-hand pages - at right margin on the running head line
- Text Size: 10 points with subscripts, superscripts, and second-order subscript and superscripts set at no less than 5 points
Submissions are requested through the web-based submission system AND in pdf form via email.
ELECTRONIC ARTICLE SUBMISSION:
The AMS Web-based submission system will enable you to send your article to the AMS. The types of files that are acceptable for submission with this system are: .tex, .dvi, .eps, .ps, .txt, .ltx, .latex, .bbl, .bib, .pdf, zip, .tar, .tar.gz
For security and confidentiality reasons, the use of this system requires that you have an AMS Web Account. If you do not already have one, you will be given the opportunity to create an account as you continue through the submission process. Please note that the Web account tool requires that cookies be enabled in your browser.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any problems submitting your paper.
If you cannot use the AMS publication submission system, please email your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any assistance in creating your files, please contact AMS author support at email@example.com.