Photos from Addresses and Other Sessions at the 2015 Joint Mathematics Meeting
Created with flickr slideshow.
(All photos by GoenSouth.)
Speakers pictured above (in order):
- Jordan S. Ellenberg, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Combinatorial designs, finite geometries, and beating the lottery, AMS-MAA Invited Address
- Michael J. Hopkins, Harvard University, AMS Colloquium Lectures
- Diana L. Thomas, Montclair State University, Dispelling obesity myths through mathematical modeling, MAA Invited Address
- Donald G. Saari, University of California, Irvine, From Voting Paradoxes to the Search for "Dark Matter," MAA-AMS-SIAM Gerald and Judith Porter Public Lecture
- Ronald L. Graham, University of California, San Diego, AMS Josiah Willard Gibbs Lecture
- Ken Ono, Emory University, Golden numbers and identities: The legacy of Rogers and Ramanujan, MAA Invited Address
- Henri Darmon, McGill University, Elliptic curves and explicit class field theory, AMS Invited Address
- Andrea R. Nahmod, University of Massachusetts Amherst, The nonlinear Schrodinger equation on tori: Integrating harmonic analysis, geometry and probability, Current Events Bulletin
- George Hart, Stony Brook University, Math is cool!, MAA Lecture for Students
- Colin Adams, Williams College, Mathematically Bent Theater, MAA Special Dramatic Presentation
- Robert L. Devaney, Boston University, Cantor and Sierpinski, Julia and Fatou: Crazy topology in complex dynamics, MAA Retiring Presidential Address
The 2015 Joint Mathematics Meetings were held in San Antonio, TX, Jan. 10-13. Nearly 6,000 people attended. Here are some links to coverage of the meeting: CCTV's coverage of Chuangming Zong, who won the Conant Prize along with Jeffrey Lagarias (video viewable with Internet Explorer), The Chattanoogan's article about two Lee University faculty and a student, and a blog about Holy Cross students at the meeting.