The 2024 Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM) is being planned as an in-person meeting, January 3-6.
Each year's JMM sees several mathematics organizations convene in one location, including the AMS national meeting. The JMM offers an unparalleled range of research presentations, educational exchange, professional panel discussions, and gathering opportunities for colleagues, collaborators, and students.
The American Mathematical Society (AMS) will be one of many hosts for the JMM in 2024. While the AMS will be the sole manager of the meeting’s logistics, at least 15 other mathematics societies and associations will partner with the AMS to hold JMM 2024:
- American Institute of Mathematics (AIM)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL)
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Atlantic Association for Research in Mathematical Sciences (AARMS) [with CRM and PIMS]
- Centre de recherches mathématiques (CRM) [with PIMS and AARMS]
- Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications (COMAP)
- International Linear Algebra Society (ILAS)
- Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival (JRMF)
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- MSRI / Simons Laufer Mathematical Sciences Institute (SLMath)
- National Association of Mathematicians (NAM)
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS) [with CRM and AARMS]
- Pi Mu Epsilon (PME)
- Pro Mathematica Arte (PMA)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- Association for LGBTQ+ Mathematicians (Spectra)
- Transforming Post-Secondary Education in Mathematics (TPSE)
The JMM 2024 features an expanded classification system for sessions and talks in addition to existing MSC classifications, to welcome a wider range of talks on mathematics research, pedagogy, and more. JMM 2024 and beyond will also include new lectures, invited addresses, prizes and awards, professional development opportunities, and networking events.
These focused training opportunities are held during the JMM. PEP topics may include specialized techniques, teaching and learning in the classroom, building inclusivity in a math department, mentoring techniques, and more. The deadline for proposing a PEP for the 2024 JMM is May 9, 2023. See the Call for Proposals (PDF).
You may either download the appropriate pdf and email your submission as directed
(use this method if you have TeX or other attachments):
- Propose a Special Session (pdf) Deadline April 14, 2023
- Propose a Panel, Workshop, or Other Event (pdf) Deadline April 13, 2023
Or, submit your proposal using these forms:
Note: Attachments greater than 10MB will be dropped.
Have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us directly.
- San Francisco, CA 2024, January 3–6 (Wednesday–Saturday) at Moscone North/South, Moscone Center
- Seattle, WA 2025, January 8 - 11 (Wednesday-Saturday) at Seattle Convention Center
- Washington, DC 2026, January 4–7 (Sunday–Wednesday) at Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Links to the abstracts from the program and presenters listings are available beginning with the January 2005 meetings.
- Boston 2023, January 4-7, 2023
- Seattle 2022, April 6-9, 2022, now meeting virtually, PT (hosted by the American Mathematical Society)
- Virtual 2021, January 6-9, 2021
- Denver 2020, January 15-18, 2020, Colorado Convention Center
- Baltimore 2019, January 16-19, 2019, Baltimore Convention Center, Hilton Baltimore, and Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor Hotel
- San Diego 2018, January 10-13, 2018, San Diego Convention Center and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina