AMS Sectional Meeting Invited Addresses
Current as of Saturday, March 22, 2008 00:20:43
Special Event or Lecture |
2008 Spring Eastern Meeting
New York, NY, March 15-16, 2008 (Saturday - Sunday)
Associate secretaries: Lesley M Sibner
, AMS firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to abstracts will be available approximately one
week (for sectional meetings) to four weeks (for national
meetings) after the abstracts deadline.
- Weinan E, Princeton University, The density functional theory of electronic structure.
- William Timothy Gowers, University of Cambridge, Decomposing bounded functions. (Erd\H os Memorial Lecture)
- Ilya Kapovich, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Algebraic rigidity and randomness in geometric group theory.
- Ovidiu Savin, Columbia University, Are solutions to elliptic PDEs always nice?
- Ravi Vakil, Stanford University, Murphy's Law in algebraic geometry: Badly-behaved moduli spaces.