AMS Sectional Meeting Invited Addresses
Current as of Saturday, April 11, 2009 00:27:59
Special Event or Lecture |
2009 Spring Southeastern Section Meeting
Raleigh, NC, April 4-5, 2009 (Saturday - Sunday)
Associate secretaries: Matthew Miller
, AMS firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to abstracts will be available approximately one
week (for sectional meetings) to four weeks (for national
meetings) after the abstracts deadline.
- Nathan M. Dunfield, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Surfaces in finite covers of 3-manifolds: The virtual Haken conjecture.
- Reinhard C. Laubenbacher, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Algebraic models in systems biology.
- Jonathan C. Mattingly, Duke University, Stochastically forced fluid equations: Transfer between scales and ergodicity.
- Raman Parimala, Emory University, Arithmetic of linear algebraic groups over 2-dimensional geometric fields.
- Michael S. Waterman, University of Southern California, Reading DNA sequences: Twenty-first century technology with eighteenth century mathematics. (Einstein Public Lecture in Mathematics)