AMS Sectional Meeting Invited Addresses
Current as of Friday, October 31, 2014 00:33:49
Special Event or Lecture ·
Fall Western Sectional Meeting
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
October 25-26, 2014 (Saturday - Sunday)
Michel L Lapidus, AMS email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to abstracts will be available approximately one
week (for sectional meetings) to four weeks (for national
meetings) after the abstracts deadline.
- Kai Behrend, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, The virtual fundamental class and "derived" symplectic geometry.
- Kiran S. Kedlaya, University of California, San Diego, A brief history of perfectoid spaces.
- Julia Pevtsova, University of Washington, Seattle, Applications of geometry to modular representation theory.
- Jim Simons, Euclidean Capital, Mathematics, common sense, and good luck. (Einstein Public Lecture in Mathematics)
- Burt Totaro, University of California, Los Angeles, The fundamental group of an algebraic variety, and hyperbolic complex manifolds.