Travel Grant Program for the 2017 Mathematical Congress of the Americas (MCA 2017)
Applications are invited from U.S.-based mathematical scientists for partial travel support to attend the MCA 2017 (July 24-28, 2017) in Montreal, Canada. This program is contingent on receiving a grant from the National Science Foundation. It is expected that this travel grant program will provide travel support for both U.S.-based mathematical scientists and U.S.-based early career mathematicians, with priority given to the latter. Applications will be evaluated by a panel of mathematical scientists under the terms of a proposal submitted to the National Science Foundation (NSF) by the Society.
Support is available for U.S. mathematicians who are in one of the following categories:
- U.S. Early Career Mathematicians
- U.S. Mathematical Scientists
- In all cases, this funding is only open to those who hold no external research support. This program is open to U.S. mathematicians only (U.S. mathematicians are either U.S. Citizens or affiliated with a U.S. institution at the time of travel).
- If you are not a U.S. based mathematical scientist, please consult the MCA 2017 website.
- The deadline for all applications has now passed. Applications are no longer being accepted.
Conditions on Funding
- Mathematicians accepting grants for partial support of the travel to MCA 2017 may not supplement them with any other NSF funds.
- An individual mathematician who does not accept a travel grant may use regular NSF grant funds, subject to the usual restrictions and prior approval requirements.
- For questions about the travel grant program, contact Kim Kuda by email, or by phone at 800-321-4267, ext. 4096, or 401-455-4096.
- All information currently available about the MCA 2017 program, organization, and registration procedure is located on the MCA 2017 website.