As the largest annual gathering of mathematical people in the world, the JMM provides its registrants a rich scientific program, opportunities to connect and network with others in the mathematical community, short courses, professional enhancement programs, workshops, career and job search resources, exhibits, and more.
Eligibility, Considerations, and Applications
- Applicants must…
- Be employed full-time by U.S. institutions typically offering a master’s, bachelor’s, or associate degree as their highest degree.
- Be principally involved as a faculty member in such areas as mathematics, statistics, or mathematics education research.
- Applicants should…
- Provide evidence that their participation in JMM will benefit their research, teaching, or departmental leadership.
- Show that support from this grant would be key to their traveling to the JMM site, i.e., that they do not have other substantial support that could be used instead.
- Applicants may…
- Use the grant to participate in JMM activities such as giving a talk in a session, serving as a panelist or workshop presenter, or attending the AMS Chairs and Leaders Workshop (January 2, 2024).
- Provide an explanation for special circumstances surrounding their application.
Applications will be accepted on MathPrograms.org from September 1 through October 17, 2023 (11:59 pm ET).
Become an AMS member today! You make a difference when you join. Together we do more for mathematics than we can on our own. Learn more about how AMS membership supports the global mathematical community here.
The travel grant program is administered by the Programs Department. For questions, contact the AMS Programs staff.