Mathematical Reviews was launched by the American Mathematical Society in 1940, with Otto Neugebauer as its first editor. Since its founding, Mathematical Reviews has been an important part of the AMS and the mathematical sciences community.
From its first issue of 32 pages and 176 reviews, the publication has grown into the MathSciNet® database, which contains over 3 million total publications, almost 9 million citations, and a reviewer community numbering nearly 17,000 researchers. Learn more about the history and people of MR and the Editorial Offices. The Prezi below provides a brief summary of Mathematical Reviews history.