Knots and Their Polynomials-11
Knots and Their Polynomials
Food for thought
- Calculate the Jones polynomial of the figure-eight knot.
- What happens to the polynomial when you change the crossings?
- How should this be interpreted?
- Show that when two knots are spliced together, the Jones polynomialof the splice is the product of the two Jones polynomials.
- Calculate the Jones polynomial of (left-trefoil) splice (right-trefoil)= square knot.
- Calculate the Jones polynomials of (left-trefoil) splice (left-trefoil)and (right-trefoil) splice (right-trefoil) = two granny knots.
Back to the previous knot page.
Back to the first knot page.