- Allan Bromley, Notes on the Antikythera Mechanism, Centaurus29 (1986) pp. 5-27. Bromley proposes a plausible gearing plan,different in some important details from Price's. The differences donot involve either of the gear assemblys examined here.
- Derek de Solla Price, Gears from the Greeks - The AntikytheraMechanism, A Calendar Computer from ca. 80 B.C., Transactions ofthe American Philosophical Society 64, part 7 1974
- Derek de Solla Price, An Ancient Greek Computer, Scientific AmericanJune 1959 pp. 60-67
- C. D. Olds, Continued Fractions, Random House (NewMathematical Library) New York 1963. (The result quoted is Theorem3.8 on p. 74).
- E. C. Zeeman, Gears from the Greeks, Proceedings of theRoyal Institution (G.B.) 58 (1986) 137-156
Welcome to the
These web essays are designed for those who have already discovered the joys of mathematics as well as for those who may be uncomfortable with mathematics.
Read more . . .
Feature Column at a glance