New Content & Cupcakes workshop coming in early 2020.
News from the AMS Web Working Group
Work currently in progress
- AMS Partnerships page
- Society Governance target site review
- The Annual Survey target site review
The following work has been completed as of 31 December 2019
Diversity homepage created
- News & Public Outreach home
- Math Imagery
- Math Moments podcasts on Alexa: "Alexa, play Mathematical Moments Podcasts"
- Also available on Google podcasts, iTunes and Spotify
- Math Moments available via Alexa, iTunes and Google Play Music
- Google Music
- Say: “Alexa, play the Math Moments podcast”.
- New brand compliant imagery for iTunes, tuneIn and Google Music available
- Alexa skills begs the question: Do we want to add more skills like “Alexa, tell me what’s new on the AMS bookstore?” Or “Alexa what’s new in AMS journals?”
- PDF review now in place
- Ability to add description and image for social sharing. Note: There are some lag times due to internet caching.
- Editor Upgrade
- Form Builder
- April 2019 SXT held Content Producers Workshop
- October 2019 Communications and Graphic Arts held "What is User-Centric" workshop
- MR Author ID links now in use around the site
- Hotjar now being used to supplement Google analytics
- Print stylesheet in place on www - makes for good looking meetings agenda print pages (this was a helpdesk request from meetings)
- Zoom branding - https://ams.zoom.us/
Web Assessment Tools
- We have recently acquired these web assessment tools to assist us with accessibility compliance and to measure the usability of our web pages.
- Accessibility - Lighthouse Audit
- Significantly increased the amount of information available to the customer to view/edit.
- Membership Details
- Member Directory Listing (similar to the old CML Update)
- Research Identifiers (MR Id & ORCID)
- Enhanced Donation History
- Ability to make payment on existing pledges.