Exhibits Advisory Committee (of the JMPC)
- Committee should be standing.
- 14 members:
- Eight (8) exhibitors, appointed by the Office of the Secretary
- Six (6) ex officio - Director of Meetings, Exhibits Coordinator, Senior Marketing Director, Art Director, Director of Communications, and Director of Marketing & Sales
- Seven (7)+ Permanent guests - Members of JMPC (5 not including the DOM), Meetings Decorator, Associate Executive Director for Publishing, and a representative from each Level A Partner organization
- Term of office for members should be for two years, beginning immediately upon appointment and ending 31 January “Year+2”
- The Director of Meetings should serve as chair.
- Members appointed should consist of representatives from companies that are current JMM exhibitors. They must commit to attending at least one meeting in person. Letters of invitation should be sent by the Director of Meetings and formal acknowledgments of appointment should be sent by the Office of the Secretary.
- Exhibits Coordinator should be the staff liaison and should provide staff support to the committee.
- The Chair should work with the staff liaison to identify new members, develop the agendas and summaries, and to assure deliverables are being accomplished.
- To foster communication between JMM leadership and its exhibitors
- To review and comment on current and proposed exhibit regulations and practices affecting exhibitors
- To advise ways in which the exhibits and related activities could be improved for exhibitors and participants
- To advise ways in which the sponsorship program could be improved and made lucrative for exhibitors
- To identify additional information useful to exhibitors
- To provide a forum for exhibitor feedback
The Committee should be encouraged to be active in seeking and generating ideas for improvement rather than simply responding to submissions. This includes reaching out to fellow exhibitors throughout the year.
Frequency of Meetings
The Committee should continue to meet once a year, on the morning of the third day of the meeting for one hour, with a light continental breakfast served. During the rest of the year, some business may be transacted by teleconferencing or email.
Note to the Chair
For the purpose of archiving the committee activities, the Secretary maintains a central file system for archiving committee records. Committee Chairs are asked to submit committee records on yearly basis. Chairs can submit material at their discretion, and some materials that they may wish to provide are meeting minutes, agenda, and emails. Confidential material should be noted, so that it can be handled in a confidential manner.
Revised 8/6/2020, Penny Pina; 7/22