AMS eBook CollectionsOne of the world's most respected mathematical collections, available in digital format for your library or institution
Mathematical Analysis in Fluid Mechanics: Selected Recent Results
About this Title
Raphaël Danchin, Université Paris-Est, Créteil, France, Reinhard Farwig, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany, Jiří Neustupa, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic and Patrick Penel, Université du Sud-Toulon-Var, La Garde, France, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2018; Volume 710
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-3646-9 (print); 978-1-4704-4807-3 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the International Conference on Vorticity, Rotation and Symmetry (IV)—Complex Fluids and the Issue of Regularity, held from May 8–12, 2017, in Luminy, Marseille, France.
The papers cover topics in mathematical fluid mechanics ranging from the classical regularity issue for solutions of the 3D Navier-Stokes system to compressible and non-Newtonian fluids, MHD flows and mixtures of fluids. Topics of different kinds of solutions, boundary conditions, and interfaces are also discussed.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in mathematical fluid mechanics.
Table of Contents
Download chapters as PDF
- Helmut Abels and Maximilian Moser – Well-posedness of a Navier-Stokes/mean curvature flow system
- Miroslav Bulíček, Josef Málek, Vít Průša and Endre Süli – PDE analysis of a class of thermodynamically compatible viscoelastic rate-type fluids with stress-diffusion
- Diego Chamorro, Pierre Gilles Lemarié-Rieusset and Kawther Mayoufi – Local stability of energy estimates for the Navier–Stokes equations.
- Hi Jun Choe and Minsuk Yang – Blow up criteria for the compressible Navier–Stokes equations
- Wen Deng and Ping Zhang – Asymptotic stability of equilibrium to 3-D MHD system
- Nikolay Filonov and Timofey Shilkin – On some properties of weak solutions to elliptic equations with divergence-free drifts
- Giovanni P. Galdi and Mads Kyed – Time-periodic solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations in the three-dimensional whole-space with a non-zero drift term: Asymptotic profile at spatial infinity
- Thomas Holding and Evelyne Miot – Uniqueness and stability for the Vlasov-Poisson system with spatial density in Orlicz spaces
- Hideo Kozono and Senjo Shimizu – Strong solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations with singular data
- Debayan Maity and Marius Tucsnak – $L^p$-$L^q$ maximal regularity for some operators associated with linearized incompressible fluid-rigid body problems
- Paolo Maremonti – On an interpolation inequality involving the Stokes operator
- Kohei Nakao and Yasushi Taniuchi – Brezis-Gallouet-Wainger type inequality and its application to the Navier-Stokes equations
- Tomasz Piasecki and Milan Pokorný – On steady solutions to a model of chemically reacting heat conducting compressible mixture with slip boundary conditions