Vertex Operator Algebras, Number Theory and Related Topics
About this Title
Matthew Krauel, California State University, Sacramento, CA, Michael Tuite, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland and Gaywalee Yamskulna, Illinois State University, Normal, IL, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2020; Volume 753
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-4938-4 (print); 978-1-4704-5636-8 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the International Conference on Vertex Operator Algebras, Number Theory, and Related Topics, held from June 11–15, 2018, at California State University, Sacramento, California.
The mathematics of vertex operator algebras, vector-valued modular forms and finite group theory continues to provide a rich and vibrant landscape in mathematics and physics. The resurgence of moonshine related to the Mathieu group and other groups, the increasing role of algebraic geometry and the development of irrational vertex operator algebras are just a few of the exciting and active areas at present.
The proceedings center around active research on vertex operator algebras and vector-valued modular forms and offer original contributions to the areas of vertex algebras and number theory, surveys on some of the most important topics relevant to these fields, introductions to new fields related to these and open problems from some of the leaders in these areas.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in vertex algebras and representation theory of infinite dimensional Lie algebras.
Table of Contents
- Peter Bantay – Orbifold deconstruction: a computational approach
- Katrina Barron, Nathan Vander Werf and Jinwei Yang – The level one Zhu algebra for the Virasoro vertex operator algebra
- Luca Candelori, Jack Fogliasso, Christopher Marks and Skip Moses – Period relations for Riemann surfaces with many automorphisms
- Ana Ros Camacho – On the Landau-Ginzburg/conformal field theory correspondence
- John F. R. Duncan – From the Monster to Thompson to O’Nan
- Cameron Franc and Steven Rayan – Nonabelian Hodge theory and vector valued modular forms
- Robert L. Griess, Jr. – Research topics in finite groups and vertex algebras
- Ching Hung Lam – Automorphism group of an orbifold vertex operator algebra associated with the Leech lattice
- Ling Long – Some numeric hypergeometric supercongruences
- Kiyokazu Nagatomo, Geoffrey Mason and Yuichi Sakai – Vertex operator algebras with central charge 8 and 16
- Kiyokazu Nagatomo, Yamato Kurokawa and Yuichi Sakai – Pseudo-characters of the symplectic fermions and modular linear differential equations
- Geoffrey Mason – Five not-so-easy pieces: open problems about vertex rings
- Masahiko Miyamoto – Vertex operator algebras and modular invariance