Characters in Low-Dimensional Topology
About this Title
Olivier Collin, Université du Québec à Montréal, Montréal, Québec, Canada, Stefan Friedl, Universität Regensberg, Regensburg, Germany, Cameron Gordon, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, Stephan Tillmann, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia and Liam Watson, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2020; Volume 760
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-5209-4 (print); 978-1-4704-6135-5 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of a conference celebrating the work of Steven Boyer, held from June 2–6, 2018, at Université du Québec à Montréal, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
Boyer's contributions to research in low-dimensional geometry and topology, and to the Canadian mathematical community, were recognized during the conference.
The articles cover a broad range of topics related, but not limited, to the topology and geometry of 3-manifolds, properties of their fundamental groups and associated representation varieties.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in low-dimensional geometry and topology and geometric group theory.
Table of Contents
- Ian Agol and Francesco Lin – Hyperbolic four-manifolds with vanishing Seiberg-Witten invariants
- Eric Chesebro – Farey recursion and the character varieties for 2-bridge knots
- Michelle Chu – Virtually special embeddings of integral Lorentzian lattices
- Vincent Colin, Paolo Ghiggini and Ko Honda – An exposition of the equivalence of Heegaard Floer homology and embedded contact homology
- Daryl Cooper – Degenerations of representations and thin triangles
- Charles Delman and Rachel Roberts – Taut foliations from double-diamond replacements
- Nathan M. Dunfield – A census of exceptional Dehn fillings
- William M. Goldman – Parallelism on Lie groups and Fox’s free differential calculus
- Gabriel Indurskis – Culler-Shalen seminorms of fillings of the Whitehead link exterior
- Masaharu Ishikawa, Thomas W. Mattman, Kazuya Namiki and Koya Shimokawa – Alternating knots with large boundary slope diameter
- Inkang Kim – Degeneration of strictly convex real projective structures on surfaces
- Luisa Paoluzzi and Joan Porti – Examples of character varieties in characteristic $p$ and ramification
- Kathleen L. Petersen and Alan W. Reid – Gonality and genus of canonical components of character varieties
- Stephan Tillmann – Tropical varieties associated to ideal triangulations: The Whitehead link complement
- Daniel T. Wise – A note on the coherence of 3-manifold groups
- Xingru Zhang – Remarks on $SU(2)$-simple knots and $SU(2)$-cyclic $3$-manifolds