Topology, Geometry, and Dynamics: V. A. Rokhlin-Memorial
About this Title
Anatoly M. Vershik, Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg branch, St. Petersburg, Russia, Victor M. Buchstaber, Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Russia and Andrey V. Malyutin, Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg branch, St. Petersburg, Russia, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2021; Volume 772
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-5664-1 (print); 978-1-4704-6451-6 (online)
Vladimir Abramovich Rokhlin (8/23/1919–12/03/1984) was one of the leading Russian mathematicians of the second part of the twentieth century. His main achievements were in algebraic topology, real algebraic geometry, and ergodic theory.
The volume contains the proceedings of the Conference on Topology, Geometry, and Dynamics: V. A. Rokhlin-100, held from August 19–23, 2019, at The Euler International Mathematics Institute and the Steklov Institute of Mathematics, St. Petersburg, Russia.
The articles deal with topology of manifolds, theory of cobordisms, knot theory, geometry of real algebraic manifolds and dynamical systems and related topics. The book also contains Rokhlin's biography supplemented with copies of actual very interesting documents.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in Hopf algebras, tensor categories and their applications, low-dimensional topology, algebraic and differential geometry, and ergodic theorems.
Table of Contents
Download chapters as PDF
- A. M. Vershik – V. A. Rokhlin (23 August 1919–3 December 1984), materials for the biography
- V. A. Rokhlin – Teaching mathematics to non-mathematicians
- Victor M. Buchstaber – Vladimir Abramovich Rokhlin and algebraic topology
- Theo Bühler and Vadim A. Kaimanovich – Amenability of groupoids and asymptotic invariance of convolution powers
- Alex Degtyarev, Vincent Florens and Ana G. Lecuona – Slopes of links and signature formulas
- Nikolai Yu. Erokhovets – $B$-rigidity of the property to be an almost Pogorelov polytope
- S. Finashin and V. Kharlamov – The first homology of a real cubic is generated by lines
- Eli Glasner and Michael Megrelishvili – Circular orders, ultra-homogeneous order structures, and their automorphism groups
- B. M. Gurevich – Convergence of equilibrium measures corresponding to finite subgraphs of infinite graphs: New examples
- V. Kharlamov and V. Shevchishin – Anti-symplectic involutions on rational symplectic 4-manifolds
- Roman Krutowski and Taras Panov – Dolbeault cohomology of complex manifolds with torus action
- Eunjeong Lee, Mikiya Masuda, Seonjeong Park and Jongbaek Song – Poincaré polynomials of generic torus orbit closures in Schubert varieties
- Ivan Limonchenko and Dmitry Millionshchikov – Higher order Massey products and applications
- G. A. Margulis and G. A. Soifer – Discreteness of deformations of cocompact discrete subgroups
- Sergey A. Melikhov – Topological isotopy and Cochran’s derived invariants
- Alexander S. Mishchenko – Geometric description of the Hochschild cohomology of group algebras
- A. Skopenkov – A user’s guide to basic knot and link theory
- Anatoly Stepin and Sergey Tikhonov – Group actions: Entropy, mixing, spectra, and generic properties
- Dennis Sullivan – Rokhlin’s theorem, a problem and a conjecture
- V. I. Zvonilov – Maximally inflected real trigonal curves on Hirzebruch surfaces