Commutative Algebra: 150 Years with Roger and Sylvia Wiegand
About this Title
Nicholas R. Baeth, Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA, Thiago H. Freitas, Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná, Paraná, Brazil, Graham J. Leuschke, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY and Victor H. Jorge Pérez, Universidade de São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2021; Volume 773
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-5601-6 (print); 978-1-4704-6515-5 (online)
This volume contains the combined Proceedings of the Second International Meeting on Commutative Algebra and Related Areas (SIMCARA) held from July 22–26, 2019, at the Universidade de São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil, and the AMS Special Session on Commutative Algebra, held from September 14–15, 2019, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin.
These two meetings celebrated the combined 150th birthday of Roger and Sylvia Wiegand. The Wiegands have been a fixture in the commutative algebra community, as well as the wider mathematical community, for over 40 years.
Articles in this volume cover various areas of factorization theory, homological algebra, ideal theory, representation theory, homological rigidity, maximal Cohen-Macaulay modules, and the behavior of prime spectra under completion, as well as some topics in related fields. The volume itself bears evidence that the area of commutative algebra is a vibrant one and highlights the influence of the Wiegands on generations of researchers. It will be useful to researchers and graduate students.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in commutative algebra.
Table of Contents
Download chapters as PDF
- Olgur Celikbas, Hiroki Matsui and Arash Sadeghi – On an example concerning the second rigidity theorem
- Lars Winther Christensen and Srikanth B. Iyengar – Dimension of finite free complexes over commutative Noetherian rings
- Steven Dale Cutkosky – Examples of multiplicities and mixed multiplicities of filtrations
- David Eisenbud and Frank-Olaf Schreyer – Tate resolutions and MCM approximations
- Raymond C. Heitmann – The Étale locus in complete local rings
- Melvin Hochster and Jack Jeffries – Extensions of primes, flatness, and intersection flatness
- Courtney R. Gibbons, David A. Jorgensen and Janet Striuli – $L$-dimension for modules over a local ring
- L. Klingler and A. Omairi – $h$-local Rings
- Stewart Hengeveld, Giancarlo Labruna and Aihua Li – Magic squares of squares over a finite field
- P. H. Lima – A generalization of coefficient ideals
- Erica Barrett, Emil Graf, S. Loepp, Kimball Strong and Sharon Zhang – Cardinalities of prime spectra of precompletions
- Keri Sather-Wagstaff – Ascent properties for test modules
- Peter Schenzel – Notes on endomorphisms, local cohomology and completion
- Katharine Shultis and Peder Thompson – Reducibility of parameter ideals in low powers of the maximal ideal
- Sabine El Khoury, Manoj Kummini and Hema Srinivasan – An upper bound for the first Hilbert coefficient of Gorenstein algebras and modules
- Arindam Banerjee, Kriti Goel and J. K. Verma – Generalized Hilbert-Kunz function of the Rees algebra of the face ring of a simplicial complex