- H. A. Antosiewicz, Newton’s method and boundary value problems, J. Comput. System Sci. 2 (1968), 177–202. MR 243734, DOI 10.1016/S0022-0000(68)80031-5 2. J. E. Dennis, Jr., Variations on Newton’s method, Doctoral thesis, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Ut., 1966.
- M. Golomb and R. A. Tapia, The metric gradient in normed linear spaces, Numer. Math. 20 (1972/73), 115–124. MR 324406, DOI 10.1007/BF01404401
- J. M. Ortega and W. C. Rheinboldt, Iterative solution of nonlinear equations in several variables, Academic Press, New York-London, 1970. MR 0273810
- Louis B. Rall, Computational solution of nonlinear operator equations, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York-London-Sydney, 1969. With an appendix by Ramon E. Moore. MR 0240944 6. S. M. Robinson, Extension of Newton’s method to mixed systems of nonlinear equations and inequalities, Rep. 1161, Mathematics Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wise, 1971. 7. M. Stein, On methods of obtaining solutions of fixed end point problems in the calculus of variations, Doctoral thesis, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif., 1950.
- Richard A. Tapia, An application of a Newton-like method to the Euler-Lagrange equation, Pacific J. Math. 29 (1969), 235–246. MR 250479
- Richard A. Tapia, The weak Newton method and boundary value problems, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 6 (1969), 539–550. MR 264848, DOI 10.1137/0706048 10. R. A. Tapia, Newton’s method for problems with equality constraints, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. (to appear). 11. R. A. Tapia, Newton’s method for optimization problems with equality constraints, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. (to appear).
- Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 80 (1974), 355-360
- MSC (1970): Primary 47H15, 49D15, 65J05
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9904-1974-13503-2
- MathSciNet review: 0351080