1 Florian Cajori. The History of Mathematics, 2nd edition. New York, Macmillan, 1919.
2 Guy Davenport. A Table of Green Fields/Ten Stories. New York, New Directions, 1993.
- Karen Hunger Parshall, James Joseph Sylvester, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 2006. Jewish mathematician in a Victorian world. MR 2216541
- Karen Hunger Parshall and David E. Rowe, The emergence of the American mathematical research community, 1876–1900: J. J. Sylvester, Felix Klein, and E. H. Moore, History of Mathematics, vol. 8, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI; London Mathematical Society, London, 1994. MR 1290994, DOI 10.2307/2687058
- Gerald L. Alexanderson
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California 95053-0290
- MR Author ID: 24640
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published electronically: April 23, 2008
- © Copyright 2008
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 45 (2008), 429-433
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0273-0979-08-01220-2