The AMS does not provide abstracts of book reviews. You may download the entire review from the links below.
MathSciNet review: 2651087
Full text of review: PDF This review is available free of charge.
Author: Alexander Molev
Title: Yangians and classical Lie algebras
Additional book information: Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, 143, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2007, xviii+400 pp., ISBN 13: 978-0-8218-4374-1, US$99 hardcover
- T. Arakawa, Drinfeld functor and finite-dimensional representations of Yangians, Comm. Math. Phys. 205 (1999), 1–18. MR 1706920 (2001c:17011)
- J. Brown, Twisted Yangians and finite $W$-algebras, Transform. Groups 14 (2009), 87–114. MR 2480853
- J. Brundan and A. Kleshchev, Shifted Yangians and finite $W$-algebras, Adv. Math. 200 (2006), 136–195. MR 2199632 (2006m:17010)
- I. Cherednik, A new interpretation of Gelfand-Zetlin bases, Duke Math. J. 54 (1987), 563–577. MR 899405 (88k:17005)
- J. Dixmier, Algébres Enveloppantes, Gauthier-Villars, Paris, 1974. MR 0498737 (58:16803a)
- V. G. Drinfeld, Hopf algebras and the quantum Yang-Baxter equation, Soviet Math. Dokl. 32 (1985), 254–258. MR 802128 (87h:58080)
- V. G. Drinfeld, Degenerate affine Hecke algebras and Yangians, Funct. Anal. Appl. 20 (1986), 56–58. MR 831053 (87m:22044)
- V. G. Drinfeld, Quantum groups, in: “International Congress of Mathematicians (Berkeley, 1986)”, AMS, Providence, RI, 1987, pp. 798–820. MR 934283 (89f:17017)
- V. G. Drinfeld, A new realization of Yangians and quantized affine algebras, Soviet Math. Dokl. 36 (1988), 212–216. MR 914215 (88j:17020)
- I. M. Gelfand and M. L. Tsetlin, Finite-dimensional representations of the group of unimodular matrices, Dokl. Akad. Nauk. SSSR 71 (1950), 825–828; in: I. M. Gelfand, “Collected Papers”, vol. II, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988, pp. 653–656. MR 0035774 (12:9j)
- A. Molev, Finite-dimensional irreducible representations of twisted Yangians, J. Math. Phys. 39 (1998), 5559–5600. MR 1642338 (99i:81106)
- A. Molev, M. Nazarov and G. Olshanski, Yangians and classical Lie algebras, Russian Math. Surveys 51 (1996), 205–282. MR 1401535 (97f:17019)
- M. Nazarov and V. Tarasov, Representations of Yangians with Gelfand-Zetlin bases, J. Reine Angew. Math. 496 (1998), 181–212. MR 1605817 (99c:17030)
- G. Olshanski, Twisted Yangians and infinite-dimensional classical Lie algebras, in: “Quantum Groups” (P. P. Kulish, Ed.), Lecture Notes in Math. 1510, Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg, 1992, pp. 103–120. MR 1183482 (93h:17039)
- N. Yu. Reshetikhin, L. A. Takhtajan and L. D. Faddeev, Quantization of Lie Groups and Lie Algebras, Leningrad Math. J. 1 (1990), 193–225. MR 1015339 (90j:17039)
- H. Weyl, Classical Groups, their Invariants and Representations, Princeton University Press, 1946. MR 1488158 (98k:01049)
Reviewer: Jonathan Brundan
Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403
Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 47 (2010), 561-566
Published electronically: February 9, 2010
Additional Notes: The reviewer was supported in part by NSF Grant DMS-0635607.
Review copyright: © Copyright 2010 American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.