Abstract:Conformal deformations of hyperbolic surfaces with conical singularities are shown to be real-analytic. The first nontrivial term in the power series expansion around a cusped surface is shown to be a multiple of the Eisenstein series $E_2$.
- Lars V. Ahlfors, Conformal invariants: topics in geometric function theory, McGraw-Hill Series in Higher Mathematics, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York-Düsseldorf-Johannesburg, 1973. MR 0357743
- Berger, M.S., Nonlinearity and Functional Analysis, Academic Press, New York (1977).
- Lipman Bers, Fritz John, and Martin Schechter, Partial differential equations, Lectures in Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1979. With supplements by Lars Gȧrding and A. N. Milgram; With a preface by A. S. Householder; Reprint of the 1964 original. MR 598466
- Yves Colin de Verdière, Pseudo-laplaciens. II, Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 33 (1983), no. 2, 87–113 (French). MR 699488, DOI 10.5802/aif.917
- Judge, C., Thesis, Univ. of Maryland (1993).
- Christopher M. Judge, On the existence of Maass cusp forms on hyperbolic surfaces with cone points, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 8 (1995), no. 3, 715–759. MR 1273415, DOI 10.1090/S0894-0347-1995-1273415-6
- Jerry L. Kazdan and F. W. Warner, Curvature functions for compact $2$-manifolds, Ann. of Math. (2) 99 (1974), 14–47. MR 343205, DOI 10.2307/1971012
- Robert C. McOwen, Point singularities and conformal metrics on Riemann surfaces, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 103 (1988), no. 1, 222–224. MR 938672, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1988-0938672-X
- Alexei B. Venkov, Spectral theory of automorphic functions and its applications, Mathematics and its Applications (Soviet Series), vol. 51, Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, 1990. Translated from the Russian by N. B. Lebedinskaya. MR 1135112, DOI 10.1007/978-94-009-1892-4
- Michael Wolf, Infinite energy harmonic maps and degeneration of hyperbolic surfaces in moduli space, J. Differential Geom. 33 (1991), no. 2, 487–539. MR 1094467
- Christopher M. Judge
- Affiliation: Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- MR Author ID: 349512
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): January 20, 1998
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: November 16, 1998
- Published electronically: December 8, 1998
- Additional Notes: Manuscript preparation supported in part by NSF DMS 9304580 (IAS) and an NSF postdoctoral fellowship
- © Copyright 1998 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Conform. Geom. Dyn. 2 (1998), 107-113
- MSC (1991): Primary 30F10; Secondary 35J60, 53A30
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S1088-4173-98-00024-1
- MathSciNet review: 1657563