Spirals in the boundary of slices of quasi-Fuchsian space
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Dan Goodman PDF
- Conform. Geom. Dyn. 10 (2006), 136-158 Request permission
Abstract:We prove that the Bers and Maskit slices of the quasi-Fuchsian space of a once-punctured torus have a dense, uncountable set of points in their boundaries about which the boundary spirals infinitely.
- Richard D. Canary, Marc Culler, Sa’ar Hersonsky, and Peter B. Shalen, Approximation by maximal cusps in boundaries of deformation spaces of Kleinian groups, J. Differential Geom. 64 (2003), no. 1, 57–109. MR 2015044
- Young-Eun Choi and Caroline Series, Lengths are coordinates for convex structures, J. Differential Geom. 73 (2006), no. 1, 75–117. MR 2217520
- Marc Culler, Lifting representations to covering groups, Adv. in Math. 59 (1986), no. 1, 64–70. MR 825087, DOI 10.1016/0001-8708(86)90037-X
- Linda Keen and Caroline Series, Pleating coordinates for the Maskit embedding of the Teichmüller space of punctured tori, Topology 32 (1993), no. 4, 719–749. MR 1241870, DOI 10.1016/0040-9383(93)90048-Z
- Linda Keen and Caroline Series, Pleating invariants for punctured torus groups, Topology 43 (2004), no. 2, 447–491. MR 2052972, DOI 10.1016/S0040-9383(03)00052-1
- Curt McMullen, Cusps are dense, Ann. of Math. (2) 133 (1991), no. 1, 217–247. MR 1087348, DOI 10.2307/2944328
- Curtis T. McMullen, Complex earthquakes and Teichmüller theory, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 11 (1998), no. 2, 283–320. MR 1478844, DOI 10.1090/S0894-0347-98-00259-8
- Yair N. Minsky, The classification of punctured-torus groups, Ann. of Math. (2) 149 (1999), no. 2, 559–626. MR 1689341, DOI 10.2307/120976
- Ch. Pommerenke, Boundary behaviour of conformal maps, Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften [Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Sciences], vol. 299, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1992. MR 1217706, DOI 10.1007/978-3-662-02770-7
- Hideki Miyachi, Cusps in complex boundaries of one-dimensional Teichmüller space, Conform. Geom. Dyn. 7 (2003), 103–151. MR 2023050, DOI 10.1090/S1088-4173-03-00065-1 [Wright88]wright David Wright, The shape of the boundary of Maskit’s embedding of the Teichmüller space of once-punctured tori, preprint.
- Dan Goodman
- Affiliation: 68 New Street, Leamington Spa, CV31 1HL, United Kingdom
- Address at time of publication: 73 Huddleston Road, London, N7 0AE, United Kingdom
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): December 19, 2004
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: August 5, 2005
- Published electronically: July 27, 2006
- Additional Notes: The author would like to thank Caroline Series for extensive advice, and the referee for detailed comments on an earlier draft.
- © Copyright 2006
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Conform. Geom. Dyn. 10 (2006), 136-158
- MSC (2000): Primary 37F45; Secondary 37F30
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S1088-4173-06-00133-0
- MathSciNet review: 2237277