Corrigendum: Conform. Geom. Dyn. 11 (2007), 44-55.
Abstract:We provide a corrigendum to the results of Conform. Geom. Dyn. 11 (2007), 44–55, pointing out an error in the proofs of Propositions 4.3 and 5.4 and providing corrected statements.
- James W. Anderson, Javier Aramayona, and Kenneth J. Shackleton, Free subgroups of surface mapping class groups, Conform. Geom. Dyn. 11 (2007), 44–55. MR 2295997, DOI 10.1090/S1088-4173-07-00156-7
- K. Fujiwara, Subgroups generated by two pseudo-Anosov elements in a mapping class group. I. Uniform exponential growth. In Groups of Diffeomorphisms, 283-296, ASPM 52, 2008, Mathematical Society of Japan.
- E. Klarreich, The boundary at infinity of the curve complex and the relative \teichmuller space, Stony Brook preprint, 1999.
- J. Mangahas, Uniform uniform exponential growth of subgroups of the mapping class group. Preprint, arXiv:0805.0133
- James W. Anderson
- Affiliation: School of Mathematics, University of Southampton, Southampton SO17 1BJ, England
- Javier Aramayona
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- MR Author ID: 796736
- Kenneth J. Shackleton
- Affiliation: University of Tokyo (IPMU), 5-1-5 Kashiwa-no-ha, Kashiwa-shi, Chiba, 277-8568 Japan
- Received by editor(s): January 13, 2009
- Published electronically: May 26, 2009
- © Copyright 2009
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Conform. Geom. Dyn. 13 (2009), 136-138
- MSC (2000): Primary 20F65; Secondary 57M50
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S1088-4173-09-00193-3
- MathSciNet review: 2507249