Stratification and coordinate systems for the moduli space of rational functions
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Masayo Fujimura and Masahiko Taniguchi PDF
- Conform. Geom. Dyn. 14 (2010), 141-153 Request permission
Abstract:In this note, we give a new simple system of global parameters on the moduli space of rational functions, and clarify the relation to the parameters indicating location of fixed points and the indices at them. As a byproduct, we solve a conjecture of Milnor affirmatively.
- D. Cox, J. Little, and D. O’Shea, Ideals, varieties, and algorithms, UTM, Springer-Verlag, 1998.
- David Cox, John Little, and Donal O’Shea, Using algebraic geometry, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 185, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1998. MR 1639811, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4757-6911-1
- Masayo Fujimura, The moduli space of rational maps and surjectivity of multiplier representation, Comput. Methods Funct. Theory 7 (2007), no. 2, 345–360. MR 2376676, DOI 10.1007/BF03321649
- Masayo Fujimura and Masahiko Taniguchi, A compactification of the moduli space of polynomials, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 136 (2008), no. 10, 3601–3609. MR 2415044, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-08-09344-1
- Curt McMullen, Families of rational maps and iterative root-finding algorithms, Ann. of Math. (2) 125 (1987), no. 3, 467–493. MR 890160, DOI 10.2307/1971408
- John Milnor, Geometry and dynamics of quadratic rational maps, Experiment. Math. 2 (1993), no. 1, 37–83. With an appendix by the author and Lei Tan. MR 1246482, DOI 10.1080/10586458.1993.10504267
- John Milnor, Dynamics in one complex variable, 3rd ed., Annals of Mathematics Studies, vol. 160, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2006. MR 2193309
- Masayo Fujimura
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, National Defense Academy, Yokosuka 239-8686, Japan
- Email: email@example.com
- Masahiko Taniguchi
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Nara Women’s University, Nara 630-8506, Japan
- MR Author ID: 192108
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): August 17, 2009
- Published electronically: May 5, 2010
- Additional Notes: The second author is partially supported by Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) 19540181.
- © Copyright 2010
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Conform. Geom. Dyn. 14 (2010), 141-153
- MSC (2010): Primary 30C15; Secondary 37F10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S1088-4173-10-00207-9
- MathSciNet review: 2644836