On NET maps: Examples and nonexistence results
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Edgar A. Saenz PDF
- Conform. Geom. Dyn. 23 (2019), 147-163 Request permission
Abstract:A Thurston map is called nearly Euclidean if its local degree at each critical point is 2 and it has exactly four postcritical points. Nearly Euclidean Thurston (NET) maps are simple generalizations of rational Lattès maps. We investigate when such a map has the property that the associated pullback map on Teichmüller space is constant. We also show that no Thurston map of degree 2 has constant pullback map.
- B. Bielefeld, Y. Fisher, and J. Hubbard, The classification of preperiodic polynomials as dynamical systems, Journal of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, October 1992.
- Xavier Buff, Adam Epstein, Sarah Koch, and Kevin Pilgrim, On Thurston’s pullback map, Complex dynamics, A K Peters, Wellesley, MA, 2009, pp. 561–583. MR 2508269, DOI 10.1201/b10617-20
- Mario Bonk and Daniel Meyer, Expanding Thurston maps, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, vol. 225, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2017. MR 3727134, DOI 10.1090/surv/225
- J. W. Cannon, W. J. Floyd, W. R. Parry, and K. M. Pilgrim, Nearly Euclidean Thurston maps, Conform. Geom. Dyn. 16 (2012), 209–255 (electronic).
- A. Douady and J. H. Hubbard, A proof of Thurston’s topological characterization of rational functions, Acta Math. 171 (1993), 263–297.
- William Floyd, Gregory Kelsey, Sarah Koch, Russell Lodge, Walter Parry, Kevin M. Pilgrim, and Edgar Saenz, Origami, affine maps, and complex dynamics, Arnold Math. J. 3 (2017), no. 3, 365–395. MR 3692494, DOI 10.1007/s40598-017-0071-0
- S. Koch, Teichmüller Theory and critically finite endomorphisms, Advances in Mathematics, vol. 248, 2013.
- E. A. Saenz, On Nearly Euclidean Thurston maps, Ph.D. Thesis, Virginia Tech, 2012.
- Edgar A. Saenz
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
- MR Author ID: 1229083
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): July 4, 2015
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: August 16, 2018
- Published electronically: August 21, 2019
- © Copyright 2019 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Conform. Geom. Dyn. 23 (2019), 147-163
- MSC (2010): Primary 37F10, 37F20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/ecgd/339
- MathSciNet review: 3994789