An alternating direction method for solving the biharmonic equation.
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by S. D. Conte and R. T. Dames PDF
- Math. Comp. 12 (1958), 198-205 Request permission
- Jim Douglas Jr. and H. H. Rachford Jr., On the numerical solution of heat conduction problems in two and three space variables, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 82 (1956), 421–439. MR 84194, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1956-0084194-4 M. Held, J. Heller, & D. Lubell, “Rates of convergence of successive iteration schemes for fourth order elliptic difference equations,” New York University. (To be published).
- Stanley P. Frankel, Convergence rates of iterative treatments of partial differential equations, Math. Tables Aids Comput. 4 (1950), 65–75. MR 46149, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1950-0046149-3 E. L. Wachspress, “Cure: a generalized two space-dimension multigroup coding for the IBM 704,” KAPL-1724, AEC Research and Development Report, Physics and Math. (TID-4500, 13 Ed.), Knolls Atomic Power Lab., Schenectady, N. Y. E. Windsor, “Iterative solutions of biharmonic differential equations,” New York University, Master’s Thesis, May, 1957.
- © Copyright 1958 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 12 (1958), 198-205
- MSC: Primary 65.00
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1958-0105813-5
- MathSciNet review: 0105813