H. J. Maehly, Monthly Progress Report (unpublished), February 1956, Electronic Computer Project, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton.
E. G. Kogbetliantz, “Report No. 1 on ’Maehly’s method, improved and applied to elementary functions’ subroutines,” April 1957, Service Bureau Corp., New York.
- Kurt Spielberg, Representation of power series in terms of polynomials, rational approximations and continued fractions, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach. 8 (1961), 613–627. MR 130102, DOI 10.1145/321088.321099
- Cornelius Lanczos, Applied analysis, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1956. MR 0084175 E. G. Kogbetliantz, Papers on Elementary Functions in IBM J. Res. & Develop., v. 1, no. 2; v. 2, no. 1; v. 2, no. 3; v. 3, no. 2; 1957-1959.
- Mathematical methods for digital computers, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York-London, 1960. MR 0117906
- Hans J. Maehly, Methods for fitting rational approximations. I. Telescoping procedures for continued fractions, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach. 7 (1960), 150–162. MR 116455, DOI 10.1145/321021.321026
- F. D. Murnaghan and J. W. Wrench Jr., The determination of the Chebyshev approximating polynomial for a differentiable function, Math. Tables Aids Comput. 13 (1959), 185–193. MR 105790, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1959-0105790-8
- P. Wynn, The rational approximation of functions which are formally defined by a power series expansion, Math. Comput. 14 (1960), 147–186. MR 0116457, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1960-0116457-2
- © Copyright 1961 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 15 (1961), 409-417
- MSC: Primary 65.20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1961-0134842-0
- MathSciNet review: 0134842