Abstract:A general method is described to compute the exact error in the numerical integration of a given polynomial by certain types of integration rules. This method is applied to get exact errors in the integration of certain Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind by Gauss and Lobatto rule and asymptotic errors in the integration of Chebyshev polynomials of both kinds by Gauss, Lobatto and Radau rules.
- Philip J. Davis and Philip Rabinowitz, Numerical integration, Blaisdell Publishing Co. [Ginn and Co.], Waltham, Mass.-Toronto, Ont.-London, 1967. MR 0211604
- Gabor Szegö, Orthogonal polynomials, American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, Vol. 23, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1959. Revised ed. MR 0106295
- © Copyright 1971 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 25 (1971), 79-86
- MSC: Primary 65D30
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1971-0300443-0
- MathSciNet review: 0300443