Abstract:In this paper, two Howland integrals are evaluated to 25D when the index is an odd integer. Those Howland integrals when the index is an even integer have been evaluated to 18D by Nelson. A new method of evaluation is used.
R. C. J. Howland, "On the stresses in the neighbourhood of a circular hole in a strip under tension," Philos. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A, v. 229, 1930, 49-86.
R. C. J. Howland & A. C. Stevenson, "Biharmonic analysis in a perforated strip," Philos. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A, v. 232, 1934, pp. 155-222.
C. B. Ling & C. W. Nelson, "On evaluation of Howland integrals," Ann. Acad. Sinica, Taiwan, v. 2, part 2, 1955, pp. 45-50.
- Chih-Bing Ling, Tables of values of $16$ integrals of algebraic-hyperbolic type, Math. Tables Aids Comput. 11 (1957), 160–166. MR 90892, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1957-0090892-3
- C. W. Nelson, New tables of Howland’s and related integrals, Math. Comp. 15 (1961), 12–18. MR 119442, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1961-0119442-0 A. Erdélyi, et al., Higher Transcendental Functions. Vol. I, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1953, pp. 175-176. MR 15, 419. E. T. Whittaker & G. Robinson, Calculus of Observations, 4th ed., Blackie, London, 1948, pp. 143-144. C. B. Ling & F. H. Cheng, "Stresses in a semi-infinite strip," Internat. J. Engrg. Sci., v. 5, 1967, pp. 155-170.
- © Copyright 1971 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 25 (1971), 331-337
- MSC: Primary 65D30
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1971-0295537-2
- MathSciNet review: 0295537